A grant opportunity for rural hospitals is available through HHS. The application related to RFA No. HHS0011335 is due no later than 10:30am CT on August 4th.The primary focus of the RFA is to address economic harms to Rural Hospitals as a result of the pandemic.
Please use the following link to apply for the grant: Exhibit C, Copy of Application HHS0011335 Rural Hospitals – COVID-19 in Healthcare Relief Survey (surveymonkey.com)
There will be a total of 160 awards and the estimated total available funding is $37,500,000. Each hospital who applies and is awarded will receive a minimum of $100,000 up to a maximum of $999,999. You will be notified in October 2022 if you have been awarded and these funds will be released in November 2022. You will have 9 months to spend the funds (any cost incurred prior to the effective date of funding will not be allowed).
This is a one-time award and to be considered, you must provide and submit all required information and documentation by the application deadline. There will not be an extension granted on the application.
Eligibility Requirements are as follows (you must meet at least one of the following criteria at a minimum):
- Located in a county of 60,000 or fewer per the 2010 US Census
- Designated as a CAH, SCH, or RRC not in an MSA
- Has < 100 beds and designated as a CAH, SCH, or RRC and is in a MSA
A three-step selection and award process will be used:
- Application screening to determine eligibility
- Scoring based on specific criteria
- Final selection based on state priorities and compliance with other state program
- SB 809/Rider 143 reporting
- Price Transparency
If you would like to discuss this grant, the application, and the scoring criteria and subsequent award tiers, please contact:
- Shonna Cannaday – [email protected]
- Traudi Bandura – [email protected]
- Tom Johansen – [email protected]
Should you receive the award, you will be required to submit a Funding Utilization Report no later than August 31, 2023 where you will be required to show how funds were used, any accomplishments achieved as a result of the funds, and information about how long the funds lasted before fully expended.