State Fiscal Year 2024 enrollment for participation in the following directed payment programs (DPPs) opens today, February 1, 2023 and will close on February 21, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
- Comprehensive Hospital Increase Reimbursement Program (CHIRP)
- Texas Incentives for Physicians and Professional Services (TIPPS)
- Rural Access to Primary and Preventive Services Program (RAPPS)
- Directed Payment Program for Behavioral Health Services (DPP BHS)
No Intergovernmental Transfers (IGT) are requested at this time.
Links for each DPP application are below:
- Comprehensive Hospital Increase Reimbursement Program (CHIRP) Application
- Texas Administrative Code (TAC) 353.1306
- CHIRP Application Fee: HHSC will be collecting an application fee of $8,500 for Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 for CHIRP to defray the cost of administering the program. This application fee will apply to all non-public hospitals who choose to participate in the program. As outlined in Title 1 of the Texas Administrative Code, §353.1301(l), “To the extent authorized under state and federal law, HHSC will collect the state’s cost of administering a program authorized under this subchapter from participants in the program generating the costs.”
- The enrollment fee from participating non-public hospitals is due at the time of the submission of the enrollment application. The deadline to submit the application fee is no later than February 21, 2023. If no payment is received by the deadline, your hospital’s application will be removed, and you will not be eligible to participate in CHIRP.
- Payment must be made in the manner determined by HHSC and in compliance with payment instructions that will be posted on the HHSC Provider Finance Department website.
- Texas Incentives for Physicians and Professional Services (TIPPS) Application
- TAC 353.1309
- Rural Access to Primary and Preventive Services Program (RAPPS) Application
- TAC 353.1315
- Directed Payment Program for Behavioral Health Services (DPP BHS) Application
- TAC 353.1320
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the contacts listed below.